Please note: it may be several weeks before you receive a response to your application.*
Volunteering: Opportunities (Min 18 years old)
Volunteers play a very important part in helping us do what we do. Below are just a few ways volunteers can get involved:
• General Kennel Activities including; Dog Walking, Cleaning, Feeding, Grooming and Playtime
• Cat Socialisation and Kitten Cuddles
• General Cleaning, Feeding, Grooming, Playtime for Pocket Pets
• Assisting at Special Events
• Furry Resident Transportation
• Become a Reception Assistant
To learn more about volunteering, please click on this link and if you would like to go on our waiting list to become a volunteer at Sydney Dogs and Cats Home (located at 77 Edward Street, Carlton), please submit your details via the Expression of Interest Form below.
Can't make the long term commitment to volunteer? Book in our Airbnb experience, 'Behind the Scenes' for a tour that gives you a firsthand look at shelter life.
Volunteering at the Home
* With social distancing laws in place, there have been a few changes at our site in Carlton to ensure the health and safety of everyone who enters the Home. We are deeply grateful for the support of our Volunteers and applicants, however, given these changes, please be aware it may take us several weeks to respond to your volunteer application.
We appreciate your patience and encourage you to get in touch with other local animal rescue group to enquire about volunteer opportunities.
We are currently heavily dependent on paid staff, which increases our operating costs at a time when our funding is declining. With events being cancelled due to social distancing laws, we are also dealing with an immediate loss of income. If you would like to support us during this time and are in a position to donate, please consider contributing to our Crisis Appeal.