Thank you for your application.
Please note: it may be several weeks before you receive a response to your application.
Volunteering: Opportunities (Min 18 years old)
Volunteers play a very important part in helping us do what we do. Below are just a few ways volunteers can get involved:
- Dog Care Volunteering - General Kennel Activities including Cleaning, Feeding, Dog Walking (once trained in safety protocols) and Dog Appropriate Enrichment activities *
- Adoption Cat Care Volunteering **
- Assisting at Special Events
- Furry Resident Transportation
- Become a Reception Assistant
To learn more about volunteering, please click on this link and if you would like to go on our waiting list to become a volunteer at Sydney Dogs and Cats Home.
Note – As of Jan 2022, SDCH have relocated temporarily.
- * Kennel Volunteering from Jan 2022 temporarily located at Austral Boarding Kennels, Austral.
- **Cattery located at SDCH 442 Liverpool Rd, Strathfield South.
For all other queries, contact email@example.com
Volunteering at the Home
COVID 19 impact
As a requirement of our Covid Safety plan to remain open and operating, we require all volunteers to be vaccinated and follow the current safety protocols in place at the time of volunteering.
We are deeply grateful for the support of our Volunteers and applicants, however, given the relocation changes, please be aware it may take us several weeks to respond to your volunteer application.
We appreciate your patience and encourage you to get in touch with other local animal rescue groups to enquire about volunteer opportunities.