Join Our Team
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home strives to be Australia's leading shelter for companion animals. We seek to improve the lives of our animals, our people and our community. A dedicated and collaborative team, Sydney Dogs and Cat Home employees are not only passionate about animals but also have the skill and experience required to create a positive environment for the people and pets who come through our doors each day.
CURRENTLY JOB OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home (SDCH) is a community focussed, companion animal welfare charity whose mission is to provide high quality support services both for in-need animals and the people who care for them. Our organisation is at an exciting point of expansion and we are looking for a dedicated, like-minded veterinarian to join us on this journey.
The position of Senior Veterinarian presents a great opportunity to practice high quality veterinary care in our new South Strathfield veterinary hospital. The Senior Veterinarian will be responsible for providing complete veterinary services for our shelter animals and clients and should have a high level of competency around all medical and surgical conditions. The role will involve working closely with our exceptional shelter team to achieve SDCH’s goal of the best possible health and welfare outcomes for every animal.
A focus on the human-animal bond, compassion for pet owners and an interest in community engagement is just as important to us; we feel that by helping people we are better able to help their animals.
Joining SDCH means joining a passionate, dedicated team of people. With our veterinary clinic already running and work about to commence on our new shelter, the possibilities are endless in the number of animals, and their humans, that we can assist.
We are looking for a veterinarian who:
- Has at least 5 years’ experience, with a high level of competency in all aspects of medical and surgical veterinary care
- Is compassionate and dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for companion animals and their people
- Is comfortable with sole charge but also enjoys working as part of a team
What we are offering:
- The role will be up to 38 hours per week - full time or part time will be considered
- No on-call requirements
- Well-equipped veterinary clinic with separate surgical suite, digital x-ray, ultrasound and Ezyvet software
- A chance to work with a respected and dedicated charity that you can be proud to be a part of
- Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Animal Care Manager Dr Renae Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you!