Join Our Team
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home strives to be Australia's leading shelter for companion animals. We seek to improve the lives of our animals, our people and our community. A dedicated and collaborative team, Sydney Dogs and Cat Home employees are not only passionate about animals but also have the skill and experience required to create a positive environment for the people and pets who come through our doors each day.
CURRENTLY JOB OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
ANIMAL CARE TEAM - CUSTOMER CARE OFFICER
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home is a not-for-profit animal welfare organisation whose mission is to provide high quality support services for companion animals and the people who care for them. Our organisation is at an exciting point of expansion and development and we are looking for a dedicated, like-minded person to join us on this journey.
An integral part of caring for our animals is reuniting lost animals with their owners, finding new homes for animals in need and helping our community members with a range of animal care services. The position of Customer Care Officer presents a great opportunity to achieve excellent animal welfare outcomes; this role will have a strong focus on the human-animal bond and will combine high quality customer care with best practice animal care.
The role is interesting and dynamic and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to help grow this already highly regarded animal welfare organisation. The possibilities are endless in the number of animals, and their humans, that we can assist.
The role will include:
- Providing high quality customer service over the phone, via email and social media and in person
- A focus on reuniting lost pets with their owners
- Providing adoption counselling for animals requiring new homes; providing advice as to animals’ husbandry, behavioural, nutrition and veterinary needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with SDCH partners including local councils, other animal welfare organisations, community groups and sponsors
- Maintaining high quality customer service and administrative protocols and procedures
- Contributing to a culture of continual learning and improvement
- Maintaining appropriate knowledge of legislation relevant to impounding and companion animal welfare
- Working closely with the SDCH team to ensure best outcomes for all SDCH human and animal clients
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- A passion for companion animal welfare
- Experience with animal care and animal adoption counselling (dogs, cats and pocket pets)
- Compassion and empathy for humans and animals in need
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including computer literacy
- Competence performing administrative tasks with good attention to detail
- A positive outlook and willingness to be involved in all aspects of the organisation
- The ability to work closely with a team as well as autonomously
- A current NSW driver’s license and their own vehicle
A recognised qualification in animal studies, animal behaviour, veterinary nursing, social studies or other relevant area will be highly regarded.
The role is a full time position and involves a 7 day rotating roster. Remuneration will be disclosed upon application. To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com .