Join Our Team
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home strives to be Australia's leading shelter for companion animals. We seek to improve the lives of our animals, our people and our community. A dedicated and collaborative team, Sydney Dogs and Cat Home employees are not only passionate about animals but also have the skill and experience required to create a positive environment for the people and pets who come through our doors each day.
CURRENTLY JOB OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
Position Vacant: Head Veterinarian
Organisation: Sydney Dogs and Cats Home
Clinic Location: 442-446 Liverpool Rd, Strathfield South NSW 2136
Head Office: 77 Edwards Street, Carlton, NSW 2218
Hours: Full Time (The role will be up to 38 hours per week - full time or part-time will be considered)
THE ROLE IS AVAILABLE FOR AN IMMEDIATE START
Amazing opportunity to make a difference
Sydney Dogs & Cats Home is a community focussed companion animal welfare charity whose mission is to provide high-quality support services both for in-need animals and the people who care for them. Our organisation is at an exciting point of expansion and we are looking for a dedicated, like-minded veterinarian to join us on this journey.
The full-time, permanent position of Head Veterinarian presents a great opportunity for an experienced veterinarian to provide high-quality veterinary services both for the shelter animals and the wider community. The Head Veterinarian will play an integral part in the continued expansion of the clinic; this is an exciting chance to be closely involved with SDCH as it grows and to play a key role in developing the organisation.
Joining SDCH means joining a passionate, dedicated team of people. With one veterinary clinic already established and potential for another as part of our brand new facility, the possibilities are endless in the number of animals, and their humans, that we can assist.
We are looking for a Veterinarian who:
- Has a passion for companion animal welfare
- Has at least 5 years of experience with a high level of competency in all aspects of medical and surgical veterinary care.
- Is compassionate and dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for animals and their people
- Enjoys working closely within a team but is also comfortable with sole charge
- Management and/or business experience will be highly regarded
What we are offering:
- Full time working hours – no weekend or overnight shifts, work hours negotiable
- No on-call requirements
- Well-equipped veterinary clinic with a separate surgical suite, digital x-ray, ultrasound and Ezyvet software
- A chance to work with a respected and dedicated charity that you can be proud to be a part of
- Salary is well above award and equivalent to private practice, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Animal Care Manager Dr Renae Jackson at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!