Join Our Team
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home strives to be Australia's leading shelter for companion animals. We seek to improve the lives of our animals, our people and our community. A dedicated and collaborative team, Sydney Dogs and Cat Home employees are not only passionate about animals but also have the skill and experience required to create a positive environment for the people and pets who come through our doors each day.
CURRENTLY JOB OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
Volunteer Coordinator (Paid Position)
Sydney Dogs & Cats Home (SDCH) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator role is a permanent part-time position working 24 hours per week with flexibility around the days worked. There would be an expectation that some time is spent at our locations at Austral and South Strathfield inducting and training volunteers, with the balance of the hours working from home. Some occasional weekend work would be required.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about animal welfare, who is a strong communicator, and also has previous experience managing people, to make a difference in a key support role for a Not-For-Profit.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Volunteer Coordinator role is to manage all SDCH volunteer activities that directly support the day-to-day operations of SDCH.
This position will primarily be responsible for the recruitment, training and management of volunteers to support the Animal Care Team. It will also have oversight and assist with recruitment of volunteers for foster care, reception, transport, events and other special roles as required. This role includes management and implementation of programs that include; community service, corporate volunteering, aged care initiatives, schools, student placements and interns.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the recruitment, training, support and retention of volunteers
- Regularly assess the shelter volunteer requirements with the Animal Care Manager and amend as needed
- Coordination and implementation of the on-boarding requirements for all new volunteers and program participants including WH&S requirements
- Maintain the database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills and availability
- Maintain the volunteer roster schedule and record keeping in Salesforce
- Provide regular communication with volunteers through email, e-newsletters, Facebook, video sessions etc.
- Resolve and manage volunteer queries/issues in a timely, tactful and thoughtful manner
- Manage the scheduling of community programs including invoicing and liaison with volunteers to implement the programs as required
- Delivery of community programs as required
- Supervision and assessment of student placements in collaboration with kennel staff
- Develop a volunteer reward and recognition system
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
- Tertiary degree or relevant qualification
- At least 1 year relevant industry experience in a similar role
- Managing people
- Understanding of the day-to-day activities in an animal shelter
- Work health and safety requirements
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face-to-face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Teamwork: ability to work independently and willingness to assist and support others as required.
- Time management/organisation: perform administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change.
- Diplomacy and customer care.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with using Salesforce would be advantageous.
Click the here to apply