RE: Existing Member / 3. MEMBERSHIP
3.1 A person is eligible to be a member of SDCH if:
(1) the person is a natural person;
(2) the person has applied and been approved for membership of SDCH
in accordance with clause 4.-----& -----
RE: Newly Appointed Member / 4 APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
(1) An application by a person for membership of SDCH must:
(a) unless otherwise agreed to by the Board, be nominated by two
existing members of SDCH;
(b) be made in writing in accordance with the form set out in
Appendix 1 (including by email or other electronic means, if
the Board so determines); and
(c) be lodged (including by electronic means, if the Board so
determines) with the secretary of SDCH.
(2) As soon as practicable after receiving an application for membership,
the secretary must refer the application to the Board, which is to
determine whether to approve or to reject the application.
(3) As soon as practicable after the Board makes that determination, the
(a) notify the applicant in writing (including by email or other
electronic means, if the Board so determines) that the Board
approved or rejected the application (whichever is applicable);
(b) if the Board approved the application, request the applicant to
pay (within the period of 28 days after receipt by the applicant
of the notification) the sum payable under this constitution by a
member as entrance fee and annual subscription.
(4) The secretary must, on payment by the applicant of the amounts
referred to in clause 4(3)(b) within the period referred to in that
provision, enter or cause to be entered the applicant’s name in the
register of members and, on the name being so entered, the
applicant becomes a member of SDCH.
(5) No application for membership shall be accepted or considered by
the Board in the period of one calendar month before the date of the
next annual general meeting.